Sunday, November 13, 2011

Krista Tippett: Reconnecting with compassion




  • "Compassion is kind. Compassion is curious. Compassion can express itself in the simple act of presence. It is linked to practical virtues like generosity and hospitality and just being there -- just showing up."
  • "In the beginning of the creation, something happened, and the original light of the universe was shattered into countless pieces. It lodged as shards inside every aspect of creation. The highest human calling is to look for this light, to point at it when we see it, to gather it up, and in so doing to repair the world."

4 comments:

  1. I loved this 15 minutes of amazing speaking! So glad I watched it. I have always thought of myself as being compassionate, and really feel refreshed after this viewing. I hope many others will enjoy it also. Awesome speaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment on how you were moved by the video, Becky. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch brene brown's power of vulnerability! Its also very good! You can find it at ted.com. :)

    ReplyDelete