Monday, November 23, 2009

Twitter

It's interesting really. I consider myself a pretty tech-savvy person in my day-to-day life. I'm a fan of electronic gadgets and tend to be an early adopter of new technology.  Those of you know know me in my private practice would feel differently: according to some my little paper calendar makes me look like a dinosaur.

I'm making a slow crawl toward moving my psychotherapy practice into the 21st century. I've opened up a Twitter account. If you look to the toolbar on the right, there is a box in which you can click to follow my tweets.

For now, I'm going to use Twitter to make general annoncuments: updates to my website or blog, my vacation schedule, inclement weather or traffic calamity alerts, and notifications of being out sick. Twitter will not be my primary way of notifying current clients about changes in my schedule: I will always contact by phone and/or e-mail first. I will not utilize Twitter as a primary way to contact clients.

Twitter raises some privacy concerns that I'm working on sorting out. I believe that anyone can see who follows me on Twitter. If you choose to follow me on Twitter, you will need to agree that it is okay that other people know you are doing so. In that Twitter is not confidential and thus I cannot protect the privacy of such communications, I will not be using Twitter for any direct contact with individual clients.

Hang in there with me as I develop this tool. I also am working on the development of a revision of my privacy policy that will include Twitter, this blog, and communications in the electronic realm in general. When it is finalized, that privacy policy will be posted on this blog, on www.drjasonmihalko.com, and discussed in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment